Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dark Chocolates

We had an Ooty drive with my 7 colleagues on last 12th September. It was really an unforgettable trip. Rather than lake and garden we roamed around a lot of beautiful places in Ooty. One of my colleague was an excellent traveller who knows each nook and corner of the place. We had driven to heights, lakes sidewalks in rain, barbeque etc.

Visited an Irani cafeteria run by an old lady from Bahai community. Oh we can’t forget the cake still tastes in my tongue. It was a special item prepared by that lady. Unfortunately we could not purchase enough cake to home as it had great demand. Better luck next time.

We had a shopping session just prior to our return journey. We roamed in shops and our experienced friend directed us to right shops . Ooty is famous for Chocolates and we too were great passionate about the same.

One of my friend had a great passion for DARK CHOCOLATE. So we planned to buy some chocolates to home. We went to Modern Confectionaries General Store run by a mallu. There was great rush in the shop and we managed to order seven independent packs of DARK CHOCOLATES of each 200 gms. I planned to get the DARK CHOCOLATES for my grandpa as he had a great crush for the same. Shop keeper told that it will take some time to pack it up and asked us to wait. So we shifted our mind to purchase other goodies. I was planning to buy some Red Wine (Non Alcoholic) for my dad. But my friend advised me to buy another one from Calicut. Then me and Binu were busy in purchasing some packets of potato fries and other eatables. Arun was busy with taking snaps with his mobile cam. He has shooted each nook and corner of the shop. Meanwhile my friends were busy with purchase of some goodies for home. We could see nice girls busy with purchasing. We had no other choice waiting for the DARK CHOCOLATES and watching the girls. There were two different counters for billing chocolates and other goodies. Unfortunately I was accidently assigned as the treasurer for the whole trip. It was the only boring job that I ever hated throughout the journey. I had to keep a note of every penny I spend across.

Meanwhile I was watching the packing of chocolates and I received the bill of Rs 525. I was busy in paying the bill as we were running short of time. I got my balance ready and was busy with keeping the account recorded. If I were correct I asked one of my colleague to collect the DARK CHOCOLATES. We left the shop.

We stopped at Gudallur for Gobi Masala Dosa. Before we start our journey, I searched for the chocolates purchased. Unfortunately we could not locate any trace of DARK CHOCOLATES in the entire cab. So everyone reached to the conclusion that i missed the chocolate at the shop itself while paying the bill for the same. From there onwards it was a hectic journey for me till Calicut. Everyone started to kick my ass for the issue of DARK CHOCOLATES. I had no other choice to keep my mouth shut for another two hours till Calicut. Arun was in leading role to hit. Everyone was busy with framing the stories to be narrated at the office next day. Even they narrated the stories to the extent that I paid the other girl’s bill.

Next day I had a very nice time in office. The stories were flashed in office as fast as light. My friends told me to call up the guys to enquire about the chocolates. For my surprise the Chocolates packs were there and they agreed me to courier it. But for my luck my friend’s cousin told me that he will get it back.

Atlast DARK CHOCOLATES reached next Saturday. It took one week for the DARK CHOCOLATES to reach Kerala from Ooty. Everyone had a nice time in enjoying the chocolates.

But still I confused whose mind run behind the girl. Is that my mind or my colleague’s whom I asked to collect the DARK CHOCOLATES. Any way Binu’s share of DARK CHCOLATES is still peacefully resting in my friend’s refrigerator.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:) Memorable moment!!

Anonymous said...

I too didn't get the dark chocolates, I left home @ 3.00 PM last Saturday :(

These "teasing guys" of our office, did the same to me, when I forgot to pick the Card having our wishes to Jayan Sir, on his marriage!!

Nicely written.

Unknown said...

This is happening every where, when you guys are involved. [All because of rush behind CHOCOLATE gals]. When it will have an end, dear?

duleep said...

Is it gobi masala dosai !!