Monday, April 19, 2010

Jungle view UNNIAPPAM to Tibetan MOMO

I have been trying for a day out trip from last month onwards since its getting really bored with the daily routine. Fortunately our mentor gave an idea about a trip to Wayanad and Coorg in a single day. Since last few trips he was telling us about the story of a Jungle View Tea shop and its genuine UNNIAPPAM. So already our tongue got filled with its unknown taste.

It was a chilling early morning; I started from my place around 4.45 AM with my Unicorn towards Calicut. I gave a wake up ring to Vivek and Remil (new guy to our tour). Reached Calicut by 5.05 AM. Vivek scoot from the trip in the last minute due to LM .We have parked our bikes in my colleague’s house .Our friend has already set his Beast for a ride but last moment he changed to his new Punto. He always says “Punto is the third woman in my life “.

So our journey for a crazy UNNIAPPAM starts from now. Even though I’m not crazy about cars, I can assure Punto is superb from his words. It was mind blowing scenes outside while driving up through the ghats. Wayanad is really beautiful. I have visited this place many times but still every time it seems to be more beautiful. AR Rahman music was played behind the scene. It was a comfortable drive through ghats as the traffic was less. We took a diversion from Vythiri and travelled through Baanasura dam site. I was dreaming about the UNNIAPPAM as I have given a good build up in my family about the trip. But they just neglected saying “Are you guys crazy for trip just to have UNNIAPPAM”.

We stopped near a small tea shop on the route, its written “Jungle View Tea Shop”. Oh thank god UNNIAPPAM was ready by that time we reached. I just take a first bite and could feel the variation in taste compared to the ones that we prepare at home. It was really superb and met the customer expectation. We took few more and parceled ten each. Thanks to Remil else oh my god I would have repeated the same Ooty chocolate scenario. Mean while the shop keeper shown us some paper cuttings and magazines briefing the story of the tea shop. My friend bought a bamboo pipe for preparing steam cake alias puttu.

We moved towards Kerala border Tholpetty and to Kutta. The roads were in really bad condition and seem to be built during British reign. Now we are travelling through Karnataka, one thing I noticed nice about the travel was the bus drivers and auto drivers were gentle in their driving and were ready to wait us for a passing through in narrow roads. In Kerala we can’t even imagine such a courtesy in driving. We can visualize the cultural changes outside. Women are wearing saree in a different style. I remembered the words “Coorg is famous for beautiful girls”. But someone told “don’t play around with them gents are too strong”.

We are heading towards Kushaal Nagar which is our next destination. Kushaal Nagar is famous for Tibetan settlement areas. My friend told me that you can’t even imagine that you are in India once you reach there. So I asked him “should I close my eyes”. We have reached the place; I could see many Tibetan roaming around the city. Now I remembered the movie Yodha. We followed the sign boards towards the Golden Temple and reached one of the main Buddhist Monastery in the place. Oh god I can’t imagine, it seems to be a separate world or community. I never saw these guys in person rather in movies. We roamed inside the Golden Temple; it’s really calm and peaceful. I should have done some meditation. We roamed around the ashram area and clicked snaps in my mobile with an intention show these places to my colleagues.

We searched through different restaurants to have something different. I never had a chance to have some Tibetan dishes. But my friends already had few. We planned to have few beers as a start up drink. We could n’t find any bars nearby and we drove back to the town area. So at last found one. We have ordered KF premium, some salads and nuts. We spend around two hour by taking couple of beers. Oh it was really cool and seems to invoke a fine mood. Remil was a Vodka fan and ordered one. From there we drove back to the restaurant. We have ordered Chicken fried rice, chicken momo and a plate pork fry. I don’t like pork but my friends were great fan of the same.

Here I learned how to use chopsticks. It was fun to eat fried rice with chopsticks. Momo was really tasty. My friend told me that it’s available in NITC canteen. I should try once again. We started our return journey. I unpacked the parceled UNNIAPPAM and shared it with everyone. Two more UNNIAPPAM was enough for me to have a good sleep in the back seat. While we were reaching Kutta we got a chance to see a Kudak marriage ceremony. Bride was carrying pot overhead and bride groom dressed in different attire. All are dancing with toddy effect. It was really fun to watch. We should have attended one ceremony, may be next time. Oh sad Punto crashed her side mirror with a Santro.

Now we are heading towards Wayanad. Still good rush in Jungle View Tea Shop. We waved our hands to the shop keeper. Oh damn got stuck in a two hour long traffic jam in ghats.

Thanks to my mentor for introducing such beautiful places and dishes. Remil was really cool and everyone enjoyed the trip well.

I thought Vivek will be missing all the day out trip.

I should try at least some noodles at home with chopsticks  where can I buy chopsticks in Calicut????? Momo waiting for me in NITC canteen!!!!!

No comments: